- Steve Kerr talks KD, Steph, and more with Jim Rome
- Intentional Walk Change
- Ole Miss Football
- Aaronthal’s Phone Call
- 2/23/2017 Trade Deadline, Ole Miss, Kerr
- Steve Kerr
- Continental Tires Coaches Corner – Jim Boeheim
- Charles Barkley: Players, coaches should be able to fight one fan a year
- Charles Barkley says that he wouldn’t want Boogie Cousins on his team
- Draft prospect Patrick Mahomes on calling plays, growing up around MLB
Marquette Redmen Girls Basketball Team Dominates Manton in Season Opener – 12/2/16
- Updated: December 2, 2016
Petosky, Michigan – December 2, 2016 – The Marquette Redmen girls basketball team got off to a good start in their season-opening tournament in Petosky Friday night. The Redmen got off to a fast start en route to a 54 – 34 win over the Manton Rangers.
The Redmen relied on stifling defense and a fast-paced offensive attack as they built a 22-2 advantage in the first half. Manton attempted to make a run to try and creep closer but the Redmen would not budge. The Redmen always had an answer as teams traded buckets down the stretch to give the redmen a 30-10 lead at the intermission.
The Rangers came out aggressive to begin the 2nd half forcing Marquette turnovers, but the Redmen defense hung tough. With Manton trying to cut into the deficit, the Redmen got a layup, stole the inbound pass, and hit a 3 to extend their lead to 39-14. The Redmen outscored the Rangers 15-8 to end the quarter and lead by 22 heading into the final quarter.
The Redmen were able to keep the Rangers at bay throughout the 4th quarter and were able to cruise to a 20-point victory. The Redmen take on either the host-school Petosky or Bright tomorrow afternoon at 2:30pm. Join Ryan Ranguette for all the action on GTO 97.5 or stream live on gto.fm.